With the start of holiday shopping just around the corner, Wood County Crime Stoppers and Sheriff Jim Brown would like to offer the following tips for a safe shopping season:
Tips for shopping with small children:
- If you are shopping with children, make a plan in case you are separated from each other.
- Select a central meeting place.
- Teach children to know they can ask mall personnel or store security employees if they need help.
- Tuck a piece of paper in your child’s pocket with your name and cell phone number. Instruct them to show it to trusted adults such as store personnel or security employees. This will allow personnel to notify you by phone or paging system.
- Dress your children in matching bright colored tops that stand out from the sea of holiday colors making them easier to spot from a distance. Dress similarly and your children will have an easier time spotting you from a distance if separated.