Will Riggs Small Market DJ of the Year

An 82-year-old Edgewood resident lost his home Friday night in a fire that was started while lighting the home’s heater.

Edgewood and Fruitvale fire departments responded to the blaze off of Highway 80W just after 5 p.m. in Edgewood.

The owner, Mr. Whitaker, was preparing to rent the home out to guests for the weekend when he lit the heater unaware the gas had been turned on and his home was engulfed in flames. Whitaker currently resides at another home but does own the house that burned. Whitaker said that he uses the home to rent as a vacation home. Whitaker had vacationers lined up to stay at the home the weekend it burned.

Mr. Whitaker also noted that he buried his wife the weekend prior to this incident and explained how life has its own agenda and he is thankful to have survived the fire.

Whitaker escaped the home uninjured but was shaken up.

 

edgewood fire 001  edgewood fire 002 edgewood fire 004

 

 

 

 

 

general_store_thumb

kmoo_rolodex_button

mineola_jewelers_ad kulp_steel
lct_ad texas_star_loans
thrivebutton duncanmm

deason

hometown_calendar

ozarka_logo

1-mineolafinal
Mineola
alba
Alba Golden
van
Van
quitman
Quitman
grand_saline
Grand Saline
lindale
Lindale
edgewood
Edgewood
canton
Canton
big_sandy
Big Sandy
hawkins
Hawkins
rains
Rains
winnsboro
Winnsboro
harmony
Harmony
fruitvale
Fruitvale
yantis
Yantis

kmoo

99.9 FM KMOO


 

Copyright © 2015 99.9 FM - KMOO.com. All Rights Reserved.
Designed, Developed & Hosted by Duncan Multi-Media.